Living in Johnson County
- Median Home Value: $255,200 (National $193,500)
- Median Rent: $886 (National $949)
- Home Ownership: 72% (National 63.8%)
- Median Household Income: $52,415 (National $57,652)
- Per Capita Income: $32,732 (National $31,177)
- County Population: 8,460 (2018)
- 91% high-school graduation rate! We are working to further increase this rate through our partnerships between the public schools and Sheridan College.
- Buffalo High School is ranked #9, of 63, for Best College-Prep Schools in Wyoming!
- 10:1 teacher-to-student ratio, with 317 total students!
- High Average SAT® Score of 1270! (National Average is 1068)
- 47% AP enrollment rate!
- 26.8% of age 25+ have Bachelor’s degree or higher!
- Zero Individual Wyoming State Income Tax!
- Low Property Taxes!
- Only 6% Sales Tax in Buffalo!
- Low 2% Local and 2% State Lodging Taxes (4% total) in Buffalo!
- Countywide Voter-Approved 1% Tax, included in the 6% tax above, helps fund street renovations, our local library, recycling, civic center, museum, and other voter efforts! This specific tax is scheduled to sunset in 4.5 years, unless re-approved by the voters.
- No Corporate Taxes!
- No Inventory Taxes!